If you are needing to purchase a permit for a department via departmental coding these are the permits that are available for departments:
- Black zone permit parking is premium parking with a parking space in a specific interior parking lot (black zone designation) being reserved for each black zone permit-holder assigned to that specific black zone parking lot.
- As a premium parking option on campus, black zone permit-holders are guaranteed parking availability in their assigned black zone parking lot with unlimited in-and-out privileges 24 hours/ day, 365-days/ year.
- If interest or demand for black zone parking exceeds availability, a wait list may be maintained.
For more information regarding Black Zone Permits please ref to the PR Policy 1.2.23: Guideline B: Parking Service, sec B6.3.
Departmental Black Zone Parking Permit Form
Each year a Department Black Zone Permit Permit Form must be completed and signed by BOTH the Chair/Dean and your Vice President before Parking Services can process it.
Black Zone Permit(s) can be paid by departmental funding/grant funding.
|Permit||May '22 - Aug '22
Sept '22 - Apr '23
|Departmental Black Zone Permit||$155.00||$160.00|
- Service vehicle parking spaces are restricted for use by certain University service units and registered service contractors while engaged and performing delivery or maintenance work or services on University property.
- Availability of service vehicle parking cannot be guaranteed and, should service vehicle parking become unavailable, service contractors may use any available public parking, excluding parking lots P31 and P44, and are required to pay the applicable parking fees without any compensation whatsoever from the University.
- University service unit employees are not permitted to use service vehicle permit parking to park their personal vehicles in service vehicle parking spaces near their primary assigned work location.
For more information regarding Service Vehicle Parking Permits, please ref to the PR Policy 1.2.23: Guideline B: Parking Service, sec B7.2.
Departmental Service Vehicle Parking Permit Form
Service Permit(s) paid by departmental funding/grant funding must be signed by BOTH the Chair/Dean and your Vice President before Parking Services can process it.
- Service Permits are valid only with the accompaniment of a Red Zone Permit.
- A Red Zone Permit must be purchased by staff (not using departmental funding) prior to a Service Permit being processed.
- Service permit being used as a Departmental floater permit intended for use by Visitor/Contractors, must also be accompanied with an Red Zone Parking Permit as well.
- Red Zone Permits are not to be paid via departmental funding for Staff/Faculty members.
|Service Vehicle Permit||$80.00|
|Red Zone Permit||$88.00|
- University vehicles must be registered on-line with Parking Services.
- University vehicles must be registered with Physical Resources, Vehicle Services Department.
- University vehicles will require a permit.
- University vehicles may only park in Red Zones, Yellow Zones or lot P30, no longer allowed to park in Service Vehicle spots.
- Permits are now virtual, no longer requiring a physical tag to hang in vehicles
The University unit leader appoints a University unit permit-holder to administer and assume overall responsibility for the University units’ observance and compliance with this policy, including the regulations.
Availability of University vehicle parking cannot be guaranteed and University units remain fully responsible for operating, storing and parking their University vehicles in compliance with this policy, including the regulations, and for observing and complying with this policy, including the regulations.
|Permit||May '22 - Aug '23
|Sept '22 - Apr '23
|Black Zone Permit||$155.00||$160.00|
|Red Zone Permit||no charge||no charge|
|Yellow Zone Permit||no charge||no charge|
|Yellow Zone Permit (P30 ONLY)||no charge||no charge|
Overnight parking may be restricted to facilitate winter maintenance work, including snow clearing, pushing or removal from December 1st through to and ending March 31st, whether snow is present or not. Information is available online regarding overnight parking restrictions times and locations.
For Staff/Faculty who need to work during the hours of 1am - 6am (Dec 1 - March 31) they will need an Overnight parking permit. These permits must be paid via coding by your department.
Overnight Permit Application Form
Staff may provide up to three (3) vehicle license plates that will be linked to their Overnight Parking Permit. All vehicles not linked to their permits will be at risk for being ticketed for Restricted Overnight parking.
1.HONK Mobile Parking (available now in P31/P44)
In the visitor parking lots P31 and P44, we will now be using Honk Mobile's contactless payment system. Your department CAN still offer complimentary parking to your guest(s) by completing the parking reservation form. Once the request has been processed:
- Parking Services will provide you with a code that you will give your guest (prior to arrival).
- Direct your guest to park in lot P31 or P44.
- Once parked, they will enter the code (provided by you) into the HONK MOBILE APP. This will provide them complimentary parking.
If there is no parking available in P31/P44:
- your guest(s) will be required to park at one of the PaybyPhone locations on campus.
- The HONK Mobile code is NOT valid at these locations.
- The visitor is required to make applicable payment.
- Departments will NOT be charged for unused codes.
Guests can also park at the Paybyphone areas, they are located throughout campus. The guest would have to download the Paybyphone app or call the 1-800# located on the sign. They would be required to pay when they arrived at campus. Receipts can be retrieved from the Paybyphone online system for reimbursement if needed.
3. GUEST PERMIT REQUEST ONLINE
We also offer departments the ability to purchase parking permits for their guests online. We can set you up a Departmental account, this will give you access to our online system. Once you have access you can complete the Guest Permit Request form. The form will include the following:
- The date the permit(s) are required.
- The number of permits you would like to reserve
- How many each guest can have access to
- The facility/area you would like them to park in.
- Coding: If you enter your coding in, your guests parking will be paid by the department. If you want your guests to pay for their parking, you leave that field blank.
Once your request is processed, we will send you a link that you can share with your guests. They will need to follow the steps online to process their permit. This will allow them to park on campus in the location you have chosen, on the day requested. Any permits not processed will NOT be billed to you.
Departments with frequent visitors will purchase a Premium (Black zone) parking space (see above). This will dedicate a particular parking spot to your department that would provide guests access to a guaranteed space. The department pays a fee for the parking spot(s) they require. Depending on the number of guests attending, some departments email us daily the license plates that will be attending for the day or they email us individually when guests are arriving.
Special parking arrangements for large University-sponsored special events or visiting groups, such as convocation, may be requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with at least two weeks advance notice to Campus Parking Services. If such request can be accommodated at the University and is approved by Campus Parking Services, the University unit sponsoring the large group or special event may be charged the cost of the parking fees together with any additional costs incurred by Campus Parking Services for directional signage, traffic officers, etc.
Advance notice of parking lot closures/ re-purposing will normally posted several days in advance on the University website and at affected parking lots.
Any vehicle remaining parked at the time access to the parking lot has been closed or otherwise restricted for a University special event is in violation of this policy, including these regulations, and subject to University sanction, including immediate towing at the sole risk and expense of the driver/ owner.
Hosting an Event on Campus, this can all be done online with the Parking Portal, learn more
|Departmental Permits||May '22 - Aug '22
|Sept '22 - Apr '23
|Black Zone Permit||$155.00||$160.00|
|Red Zone Permit||$85.00||$88.00|
|Yellow Zone Permit||$75.00||$77.00|
|Yellow Zone Permit (P30 ONLY)||$65.00||--|
|Overnight Permit (Dec 1- March 31)||$20.00||$20.00|
|Daily Guest Passes||$12.50||--|
|Guest Passes (P13/P30)||--||$5.00/day|
|Guest Passes (P11/P19/P59)||--||$10.00/day|
|Guest Permit (Red Zones)||--||$15.00/day|