Welcome to the University of Guelph Sustainable Transportation & Parking Services web site.
Effective September 2006 Transportation Planning became an added responsibility of Parking Services. This change signals the University’s commitment to researching, developing and implementing Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies to reduce the reliance of university employees, students and visitors on single occupant motor vehicle trips to/from campus.
Our mandate is to manage a multi-facility parking system for the University of Guelph community and its visitors. The Department also plays a key role in the test of parking policies, procedures and the parking and traffic regulations. This includes initiating controls to safeguard the University’s legal liability and contractual obligations with regular users and outside agencies engaged to support this function.
Revenues collected from permit and daily visitor sales are used not only for providing parking space but we also:
- Maintain and repair existing parking lots and equipment - Repair roadways and sidewalks
- Provide lighting in parking lots
- Provide bicycle racks and covered bike shelters
- Provide signage
- Outdoor emergency telephones
- Bus shelters
- Act as the University liaison with various transit carriers including GO Transit, Guelph Transit and Greyhound Bus Lines
We administer all 5281 parking spaces on campus, the financial requirements, budget control, vehicle registration, accounting procedures, parking fine and meter collections, and supervision of pay-as-you-park lots.